In the Word of God it calls us to give thanks in any situation. In doing so we are showing God that no matter what we go through or what is happening around us that we are going to look to Him, rely on Him and thank Him for helping us through. Living a life of gratitude and thankfulness will bring positive changes to your life and you will open up the door for God’s richest blessings to be poured down on your life.
Regardless of where you are in life right now as you read this there are many things to be thankful for even if you’re having a bad day. Here are 30 reasons to be thankful and although not all of them may apply to you there are definitely some that do.
30 Reasons to be happy and Thankful Today
1. You are alive and breathing.
2. You are able to move(walk, type, use arms and hands).
3. You woke up in a warm bed with a roof over your head.
4. You have a job to go to that while it may not be your favorite it pays the bills and keeps you and your family warm and fed.
5. You are wealthy enough to be able to afford the internet and a computer.
6. You have an incredible wife/husband that loves you.
7. You live in a part of the world that does not kill Christians.
8. You were able to make and eat breakfast this morning.
9. You are in good health.
10. You have all of your senses(sight,smell,touch,taste, hearing)
11. You were able to enjoy the incredible sun rise or sun set.
12. Today you received no bills in the mail.
13. Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins.
14. You have a car or other mode of transportation.
15. You were able to take a warm shower or bath.
16. You have the luxury of medication and healthcare.
17. We live in a free country.
18. You made it to work on time.
19. You didn’t get stuck in traffic.
20. You have kids that love you.
21. You have the very Spirit of God inside of you.
22. No matter what you can turn to God for anything.
23. You were able to bless somebody today.
24. Somebody blessed you today.
25. You are a child of God
26. You have loving friends and family.
27. Your kids or spouse said they love you and gave you a hug.
28. God protected you from danger and got you home safe.
29. You were able to get a full education.
30. A bad situation wasn’t as bad as it could have been.
These are just a few of the reasons to be happy and give thanks to the Lord. Even when we are having a miserable day there are still always things we can be thankful for, and we need to be doing our best to find these reasons and give thanks to God for them. Doing this will not only bring victory and blessings into your life, but it will also alter your mood and your thoughts which will bring about a more positive life.
Thankfulness and having an attitude of gratitude is extremely powerful, if you would like to learn more about how being thankful can positively affect your daily life then check out the book by Joyce Meyer below:
|The Power of Being Thankful: 365 Devotions for Discovering the Strength of Gratitude
By Joyce Meyer
Discover the life-changing power of a grateful heart! In this 365-day devotional, Meyer explores how pausing to acknowledge God’s blessings helps restore us to a state of spiritual peace. Designed to spark an attitude of gratitude in your life, each daily meditation includes an inspiring reading, a Scripture verse, and a prayer of thanks. 384 pages, hardcover from Faithwords.