Getting up can sometimes be a huge chore, and then depending on the weather or what’s happening within your life it can sometimes set you off on the wrong foot for the day, making your day that much harder to go through. One of the best ways to really start your day off on the right foot is to get into the Word of God.
The Bible has so many encouraging and inspiring verses that not only help to brighten our day and set our minds on a positive note, but the words in these verses are alive and contain promises that we can stand on and declare in faith over our lives and our situations.
Here are 16 great Bible Verses that will help you start your day off on a positive and encouraged note.
1. Deuteronomy 28:12,13 – “The Lord will open to you his good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands. And you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. 13 And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you shall only go up and not down, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, being careful to do them,”
2. Deuteronomy 31:8 – “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
3. Proverbs 3:5-10 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshmentto your bones. Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce;then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.
4. Psalm 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
5. Numbers 6:24-25 “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you.”
6. James 1:5 “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.”
7. Ephesians 6:11,12- “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
8. Philippians 4:6-7 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
9. Lamentations 22-24- “The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”
10. Psalm 42:5 – ” Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again–my Savior and my God!”
11. Philippians 4:13 – ” I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me.”
12. John 16:33 – “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
13. Isaiah 40:31 – “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. The will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
14. Joshua 1:8 – “Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth; Meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
15. 1 Peter 5:6,7 – “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
16. Romans 8:38,39 – “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
We all have those days where we just want to get away from everybody and everything and be alone or where nothing goes right no matter what we do. However the truth of the matter is that how you start your day will greatly influence how you will react to and handle the day ahead of you good or bad.
No matter how bad your day may appear, there is always a positive side to it. Starting your day out with the encouragemnt and promises of the Word will help you to have a mindset that sees the positive in things instead of the negative.
Now go and have a great day and God bless!