When people think of prayer they think about talking to God, or asking for the forgiveness of their sins. The truth of the matter is that Prayer is so much more than that, there is an incredible amount of power behind prayer that many of us have no idea exists and therefore we often go through life and through circumstances missing out on what can truly be accomplished by prayer.
The True Power of Prayer:
- A way to express adoration, worship and thanksgiving to the Lord
- Is a compass that shows us where are faith is and how strong it is
- Speaks life into and breaks down barriers in the supernatural realm, thus activating change in the natural.
- Builds our faith and relationship in our Lord Jesus Christ which in turn helps
- Helps us to flee temptation
- It is our spiritual weapon against the enemy and the forces of the supernatural realm.
- Helps us to enter in to his presence so that we can better hear and receive from Jesus.
- Through faith and prayer you can activate healing, prophecy and other gifts from the Spirit.
- Activates and helps us to begin walking in understanding of what God’s will is for our lives.
Prayer is incredibly important and the strength of your prayer life will determine ultimately how you live your life, and how fulfilled you will be in your life. In fact even Jesus himself prayed to the father on many occasions and He is the son of God. How much more do we need to stay in constant prayer with Him.
If you are looking for more in your life, are unhappy with how things are going, feel empty and desire a change to your life that will kick start the fulfilled life that God has for you then you need to start building your prayer life with the Lord.
The Bible talks a lot about prayer and giving thanks to the Lord, here are a few Bible verses on prayer
Genesis 25:21 -”And Isaac prayed to the Lord for his wife, because she was barren. And the Lord granted his prayer, and Rebekah his wife conceived.”
Proverbs 15:29 – “The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.”
Matthew 21:22 – “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
Mark 9:29 – “And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.” author notes ( He is talking about demons in this verse)
Mark 11:24 – “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Acts 6:4 – “But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
Romans 12:12 – “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”
Philippians 1:19 – “for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,”
Colossians 4:2 – “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.”
James 5:15 – “And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.”
RECOMMEDED FOR YOU
|War Room, Exclusive Collector’s Edition DVD
Tony and Elizabeth have it all—good jobs, a beautiful daughter, and their dream home. But their marriage is crumbling, and Tony is flirting with temptation. When Elizabeth meets her new client, Miss Clara, she's challenged to establish a "war room" and a battle plan for prayer. What will happen if she steps out in faith? Rated PG. Dove faith-friendly. Approx. 120 minutes.
Behind the Scenes: Color Grading
For church licensing, please contact Provident Films at 1-800-474-9224